Love the dolly, now even my nine year old daughter can now move my 28' ladder.
Richard C. Bowen
Property Claims Adjuster
Dear Phil & Kelle,
I wanted to take the time to write to you folks regarding my complete and total satisfaction with the product you sent to me, your Ladder Leveler (KeyLok® Quick Connect Style) full kit. I may be the Publisher of two fine, B-to-B trade publications for the paint & sundries industry, but as I write this letter, I am wearing my DIY homeowner/handyman hat.
I have used many typical levelers in the past… bricks, rocks, a 2x4, even a steel garden pot, but they never gave me the feeling of “safety” that your LeveLok Corporation product gives me now! The product was easy to install, although the long list of instructions was a little daunting to review at first. After the installation onto a 30’+ Louisville Extension Ladder, I realized that all the instruction was completely necessary due to the fact that there are so many different types and styles of ladders out there, and your company has to be sure that the product can be installed on almost, if not all types of ladders out there. In the one box, I was very impressed to see that your tech folks have thought of just about every issue that may arise with installation, and addressed it with the proper items and such that would be needed for whatever type of ladder the product was going to be attached to… even down to the tiny tube of Super Glue! You just don’t find that type of commitment with most American-made products today.
On my 30’+ extension ladder, I was up on a tree about 60’ off the ground (and I don’t care for heights) but knowing that the ladder, placed on a very uneven slope, was not wobbling around under my weight, gave me the confidence to tackle my tree issue and saved me upwards of $1000 in having to hire an actual tree crew to remove the dead tree.
I also have been online looking at your various products, and even saw a beautiful brochure in the box with the Leveler that detailed many other fantastic product offerings from your company, and all I can say is that I am very impressed!
I am personally thanking you for the product you sent to me, and for having what I feel, is the best, the safest ladder leveling product on the market!
Best of luck!
Mugler Publications, Inc.
The Paint Dealer magazine
The Paint Contractor magazine
April 18, 2000
21412 NW Urdahl Road
Poulsbo, WA 98370
To Whom This May Concern:
I thought it necessary to take a moment out of my day to thank your company for providing us with such a fine and beneficial product. Your Levelok Ladder Stabilizer and Levelers have been serving our technicians' ladders for more than 2-1/2 years without any problems. We are once again in the process of updating some of our ladder equipment, and of course the order which I have submitted includes Leveloks. I only buy the Leveloks when purchasing levelers because they have proven themselves in the field.
Obviously you are manufacturing these levelers to stand up to the everyday rigors of utility fieldwork. The Levelok features are easy to understand and use. This, together with the durability and reliability of your product, help me feel as though I am making the right decision when it comes to safety for our technicians. Safety is my primary concern, although another important part of my job is to consider cost effectiveness and replacement costs.
We have used the other types of levelers and had problems with them. Ever since we started using the Leveloks the problems associated with the levelers have ceased to exist. We recently had some 2-1/2 year old Leveloks inspected, which are on many of our vans, and the results were very impressive. I was told that they are holding up very well and they should continue to perform for some time. The locking system appeared to show very little wear due to the stainless steel locking and safety features.
Once again, I would like to thank you on behalf of our management and the technicians in the field for making their jobs safer and easier to do.
TCI/AT&T Cable Company
As a manager who cares deeply about safety conditions involving our employees I wanted to take the time to praise your LeveLok Ladder Leveler.
Ladders are an every day tool for our employees. Basically a job within our company is rarely completed without working on heights above twenty feet on public right of ways that include all forms of terrain.
Due to a couple of on-the-job injuries that can be associated to unleveled working conditions involving 28-foot span ladders, we realized as a company we needed to make some immediate changes that would assure our employees' safety and help limit state industrial claims. After considerable investigation on the part of our safety controller, we decided to test your ladder leveler. He claims he chose your product due to the user-friendly operations and the overall design that assured it could hold up to the every day stress of our demanding industry. He also mentioned it was a bonus that installation of the levelers was a breeze.
Well, I am proud to say that Randy, "company safety controller", made the right decision. Our employees love the fact the levelers make their job safer and easier on a daily basis, and our Industrial claims due to ladder mishaps have decreased immensely.
To this date we order all ladders with the LeveLok Ladder Levelers and are in the process of updating over 200 company ladders with your product. At the same time I highly recommend your product to any individual/company that truly believes in Industrial safety for their employees.
Keep up the good work.
American Cable Services, Inc.
"I like [LeveLok Levelers] a lot. The things I like most about them are how I get more control out of them and they are very easy to use. I like the versatility and the extra heavy-dutyness of them, too.
"Sometimes when I only need a few inches in extra height to get my ladder hooks up over a wire, or similar situation, I can fine tune the ladder up just a bit, or side-to-side a little, where the ‘automatic’ levelers have legs that go up on one side and down on the other side. With them I have to extend the fly section up a whole rung, which makes the top of the ladder too high.
"The LeveLoks allow so much more in the way of control for me. They are well built and I feel very safe on them."
AT&T Cable Services
"I recently purchased the LeveLok Leveling System, and I just want to tell you guys that you’ve got one hell of a product there. It literally cut 2 or 3 hours off a job we had the other day, just because we didn’t have to fool around with moving things under the base of the ladder to support it.
"It’s a great product, and really safe. I love it, and I’m recommending it to all my contractor buddies. You guys did a great job with this product!"
"My very first time using my new LeveLok Ladder Stabilizer, I was amazed. I’ve never experienced being able to go up my window-cleaning ladder with such a solid base—rock solid.
"Window cleaning ladders are much less wide than regular ladders, and the top section comes to a point, or upside-down letter ‘V’, and I lean on that ‘V’ on the corner of the window frame—that is not much bearing. Yet with my LeveLoks, my ladder is very stable and safe. My ladders are just 14 inches wide, so with the LeveLoks attached I get 5 extra inches of real stability—2-1/2 inches on each side.
"For years, I’ve been using rocks, wood—whatever was available—you know, because we have all done it. Then I’d go up the ladder and be real jittery, worrying if I was gonna survive this feat. I need all my attention on my work. The higher I went, the more scared I’d be. That’s no way to make a living.
"Well, the days of rocks and wood and props are gone. I’m working safer—I do a better job—I’m better focused… I’ll never be without LeveLoks again!"
Mirage Window Cleaning
The following is a summary of responses from participants at the conclusion of the most recent Field Trials. The Trials took place in Washington, Nevada, Colorado, Ohio, and Florida over a 12-month period. Participants were all Telecom Technicians whose on-the-job experience ranged from 4 to 33 years (with an average of 16 years).
• Overall, on a scale of 1-10: "a 10+" –David Johnson, Qwest Work Center Supervisor
Note: Before his recent promotion to his supervisory position, David participated in the Field Trials for several months as a technician. He has 25 years experience in the telecom industry and has personally used many of the levelers in the field. After using the LeveLoks, he insists they are the safest levelers available, and now supports standardization of the LeveLok system within Qwest. (By the way: The overall average including all participants was an astounding 8.82 on a scale of 10.)
• "The post lock on [another leveler brand] would jam due to sand and dirt. This system did not jam. [The LeveLok] made me feel safer and saved time restoring the customer’s premises. I would recommend the product. Please allow me to continue using it." –Guy Recht, Sprint Technician
• "Very safe, good sturdy footing, lightweight and easy to use. They are a lot better than any other device such as bricks, shims or wedges that I have used. I think they are safer than the other levelers. I like the control I have with LeveLok over the other type of self-leveling ladders. [The LeveLok] has better footing in mud and grass than other levelers. They made me feel safe. A ‘10’. I wouldn’t use anything but LeveLoks now." –Steve Doyle, Qwest Technician
• "[I] like how easy it is to use. You don’t have to keep lifting the ladder to get it adjusted. Eliminates rocking. I felt pretty safe and it didn’t slip at all. You don’t have to use a lot of muscle to maneuver it where you want it." –Lucy Guarcello, Sprint Technician
• "These are very easy to use, and safe. I used to use the type with only a thin, round base and round feet, and it was ‘wobbley’ when extended. [The LeveLoks] are strong. I’m heavy (255) and it still felt strong as I climbed with levelers extended." –David Black, Sprint Technician
• "[The LeveLoks] are smooth to move up and down. Give you more stability. You don’t have to worry about having the wedge slip or having one of the automatic levelers slip or break." –Phillip C. Mills, Qwest Technician
• "The other [name omitted] brand wore out too fast (3 sets in 10 years). The LeveLoks adjusted easily, set up time is better, and they always work. It’s the best." –Dale Swearingen, Sprint Technician
• "I liked not having to horse around with the ladder feet. It was nice to be able to lower only one side. Per ladder setup, it saved about 5-10 minutes. I like the control I have with LeveLok over the [automatic] levelers. I don’t have to worry about the legs coming down. Very safe for new techs to work with." –David Johnson, Qwest Technician (now Work Center Supervisor)
• "Well balanced. Saved 5 minutes per use." –Edwin Ortiz, Qwest Technician
• "More secure, more stable and square with the pole. Gives you a feeling of safety." –Eloy Silvas, Sprint Technician
• "Easier to set up levels. One step adjustment with no ‘sticking’ or readjustment. Nothing could be easier. Made me less irritated doing the job, because I didn’t need to readjust levels. Give me LeveLoks any day, thank you!" –Roger Johnson, Qwest Technician
• "Felt safer, makes the ladder more square with the pole when climbing. Easy to level with a foot, and easy to release and ‘unlevel’ with a hand when back on the truck… I think every ladder should have levelers, and LeveLoks seem to be the safest and easiest to use." –Josh McDonald, Sprint Technician
• "Will operate on any surface. I don’t need to keep moving the ladder feet around on the ground, so that the top favors left or right. Makes life easier out in the field." –Patrick Cichocki, Sprint Technician
• "You have more control over the ladder in the upright position. The biggest part I enjoy about it is that they lock into the position that you set. You know they will stay locked in." –Mitch Tucker, Qwest Technician
• "I feel like they’re safe." –Eddie Alford, Sprint Technician
• "Originally I didn’t want them put on my ladder. Now I’d like to keep them." –Gary Weigert, Sprint Technician
• "Simple Plain Jane. Quick and easy." –Dan Pinch, Qwest Technician